perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: outstanding rename items
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:29:09 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
[...]
>>Due to the renaming, methods such as C<Apache-E<gt>server>
>>are now called as C<Apache2-E<gt>server>
>

> I think Apache->request/Apache2->request is probably a better example to
> use, since it's much more common.  or use them both.  likewise in the other
> mention below.

the only reason Apache->request was kept in the mp2 API is because too
many things were using it (like CGI.pm) and I was trying to avoid
enforcing changes on users. If you are renaming it anyway, I'd rather see
it move into the Apache::RequestRec namespace (same for Apache->server)
which should eliminate the top level Apache(2) namespace completely.