perl-dev mailing list archives

From Vivek Khera <kh...@kcilink.com>
Subject Re: backwards compatibility idea
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:29:02 GMT

On Apr 21, 2005, at 11:22 AM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> really, I don't feel like dealing with pre-rename issues ever again -
> making
> a clean break now is best for everyone (or so my mind tells me :)  but
> mine
> isn't the only opinion here, of course, and if others feel differently
> or
> strongly then I can compromise :)

I agree with Geoff; people moving from mp1 to mp2 (like myself) will
have to go through and fixup any differences so why not just make a
checklist and get it over with once and for all.  I still have to
regression test my whole app -- renaming is just a minor part of the
conversion compared with that.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806