perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: ACL filesystem incompatibility and potential race condition
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 05:27:05 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> rather first figuring out what other overloads will be really
> needed. At the moment I can't see anything useful, but '==', '""' and
> '0+'.
>
> String comparisons shouldn't be even offered, IMHO. Users should check
> the error code

No good, IMO.  How users trap errors is for them to decide, not us.
Their eval blocks might be wrapping a large section of third-party
code, and not all of the trapped exceptions will come from mod_perl.

If it were my decision, I'd set fallback => 1 and optimize that by
providing subs for the common operations, like '=='.

--
Joe Schaefer