perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2.0 namespaces - a proposal
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:02:31 GMT
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

[...]

> I really don't see how it can be any other way - I absolutely,
> positively do not want to deal with questions about how prior beta
> versions mix with later beta versions and, eventually, the official
> 2.0.

So then, the proposed branch is a regression over trunk?
Hmm, that'd surely get a veto vote from me (assuming we do
allow vetoes).

Since we're apparaently new to all this formal voting stuff,
how about we first have a vote to adopt this tried-and-true document:

     http://incubator.apache.org/learn/rules-for-revolutionaries.html

Remember, in the private discussions on the pmc-list we tried to
come together, united around a common solution to the CPAN issue.
But we also failed miserably at that, so now I think we MUST have
a process which allows everyone to express their votes.

Agreed?
--
Joe Schaefer