perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] s/Apache::/Apache2::/g
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:25:10 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Let's stop that drag. Clearly it's only me who's against this change. So
> please take out your sharp knives and make a clear cut.

if you want to do it that quickly we can, but voting now seems a bit
premature.  has anyone other than joe, randy, and I actually tried the
codebase?  I'd hate to see something move like this that nobody has taken
the time to exercise, save the people who wrote it.

on the other hand, tagging trunk and merging the branch over means we can
rollback any time we want, so there's not much harm in moving forward
(assuming we do).

> This a vote is to decide whether mod_perl2 should have its API renamed
> as follows: s/Apache::/Apache2::/g.

that's not the only issue on the table, but the most important one.  the
other would be, I guess, to allow a renamed branch to be installed on top of
a non-renamed branch, which was the only other point of discussion IIRC.

also, note that perrin is offline for at least a week, and gozer seems to
not have fully recovered from his move yet, so we would be missing important
votes if we cast them now.

--Geoff