perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: nuking old mod_perls before installing unstable
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:24:58 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
[...]
> basically, my position is that mod_perl is not at 2.0 yet, so until it does
> the entire API is up for grabs.

Your (current pmc's) position completely disregards the fact that when we
announced the first RC1 we said that the API is *frozen* and very minor
bug fixes may affect the API to a very minimum. We have given people the
green light to port their projects to mp2, promising that only minor
changes might be required before the gold 2.0 goes out.

What you are proposing is a blow in the face not only to the users but to
the developer's in first place, completely undermining any words that were
said to the users before.

This is immature.