perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cannot 'make dist' anymore
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 03:55:37 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>> hi stas :)
>>
>> I cannot 'make dist' anymore, either on trunk or the branch.  I think
>> it has
>> to do with this change:
>>
>>   "when building mp2 EU::MM looks into Apache-Test/MANIFEST and
>> complains"
>>
>> can you look into it?
>

> What do you mean? Tthe trunk works just fine for me.
>
> Why did you commit the skips?
>
> I think it's the delay thing we get to see once in a while. For some
> reason it wants to connect to the server. Just wait until it's done.

no, it's been happening to me for a while.  I get this error from a fresh
checkout at trunk:

mkdir mod_perl-2.0.0-RC5/xs/Apache/Command
-e: xs/Apache/Command/svn:this_dir not found at -e line 1
Can't read xs/Apache/Command/svn:this_dir: No such file or directory
make: *** [distdir] Error 2

maybe it has something to do with the svn version I'm using, but I dunno.
at any rate, xs/Apache/Command/svn:this_dir ends up in the MANIFEST, which
is seems wrong, so I think the skip is ok.  no?

--Geoff