perl-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kennedy <a...@phase-n.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2.0 namespaces - a proposal
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:50:13 GMT
> yes, it would suck, but I don't see how it would cause new problems.
> Apache2:: is a namespace like any other, and it previously did not exist, so
> I would expect it to install like any other namespace but not stomp on prior
> existing stuff, which were the big concerns.

Indeed. And the other half of this is that because it is separate, we no
longer (in theory at least) need mp2-aware versions of MakeMaker and all
the other tools that were having to be customized.

I'm presuming we are still going to be able to just rip all of those
extra tools out now, and revert to using the normal versions?

Adam K