perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] finishing support for MP_USE_STATIC=1 MP_STATIC_EXTS=1
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:36:02 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
[...]
> I've looked into this (on linux), and made some progress,
> but still get some problems with tests involving APR::Pool
> and APR::Bucket* in the apr-ext tests. I'll post a partial
> patch which illustrates the problem, but was wondering a
> couple of things:
>
> - just to confirm, the BUILD_APREXT should be used for
> whenever MP_STATIC_EXTS is true (and not just on specific
> operating systems)?

I believe so.

> - When running the tests, I get an error (for example)
>
> t/apr-ext/uuid....APR::UUID object version 0.01 does not
> match $APR::UUID::VERSION 0.009000 at
> /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 253.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /home/randy/svn/modperl-2.0/t/lib/TestAPRlib/uuid.pm line 11.
>
> I haven't figured out where the "APR::UUID object version"
> is coming from - I think "0.01" is the default used, when
> none is specified ($APR::UUID::VERSION is the version
> used in APR/UUID.pm, coming from the module_version sub
> of ModPerl::WrapXS).
>
> For the uuid test, changing $APR::UUID::VERSION to 0.01
> allows the test to pass.

This version was changed recenly. As you get 0.01 that means that a
previously-installed APR::UUID is getting loaded instead of the new one.
This is precisely what we need to make not to happen. I suppose in the
case of BUILD_APREXT APR/*.pm files need to look different: not to even
attempt to load any shared objects but APR.pm.

Thanks for picking the ball, Randy.