perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r156503 - in perl/modperl/branches/apache2-rename-unstable/t: apache/ apache2/ conf/ filter/TestFilter/ htdocs/vhost/ response/TestAPI/ response/TestApache/ response/TestApache2/ response/TestCompat/ response/TestDirective/ response/TestError/ response/TestModperl/ response/TestModules/ response/TestVhost/ vhost/
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:33:08 GMT

joes@apache.org wrote:
> Author: joes
> Date: Mon Mar  7 21:16:47 2005
> New Revision: 156503

> Log:
> Move t/apache to t/apache2.  Include temporary
> workaround for CGI.pm's use of original Apache:: API.

actually, t/apache was supposed to represent exercises of the apache API
that wasn't really mod_perl specific but that should warn us when something
on the API level has changed that might affect users.  see, for example,
t/apache/content_length_handler.t

so, I'm not so sure that the move to t/apache2 is warranted.

some other thoughts I've had

  - Apache2::OK seems odd.

  - ditto with Apache2->server.

in both these cases Apache.pm is a virtual package with no corresponding
real file, so I'm not sure that we need to use Apache2.  except that it
would be consistent with all the other Apache2 foo.  but Apache2::OK seems
really, really strange to me.

in general, as we moved away from using the Apache:: namespace at all (like
favoring Apache::ServerUtil::server_root_relative) it has been unclear on
what to do with things like the above.

so, thoughts at this point?  anyone :)

--Geoff