perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r156472 [1/4] - in perl/modperl/branches/apache2-rename-unstable/t: conf/ filter/TestFilter/ hooks/TestHooks/ htdocs/includes-registry/ htdocs/vhost/ lib/TestCommon/ preconnection/TestPreConnection/ protocol/TestProtocol/ response/TestAPI/ response/TestAPR/ response/TestApache/ response/TestCompat/ response/TestDirective/ response/TestError/ response/TestModperl/ response/TestModules/ response/TestPerl/ response/TestUser/ response/TestVhost/
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:08:25 GMT

geoff@apache.org wrote:
> Author: geoff
> Date: Mon Mar  7 17:58:09 2005
> New Revision: 156472

> Log:
> do the minimum required to get the test server started so
> the tests will run.
>
> note you will need to alter CGI.pm to require Apache2 modules
> just to get the server to start

ok, these were pretty massive commits but this is the important part - the
test suite is up and running again, with (the expected) large number of
failures.

the note above is the only caveat - Apache2::Status requires either libapreq
or CGI.pm, and CGI.pm won't work in it's current state since it uses
Apache::-based modules.  so, you'll need to adjust CGI.pm just to get things
running again.

we should really consider what this means for the masses.  perhaps looking
into getting more intelligent about the use of Apache2::Status within the
test suite.

anyway, nice work joe - I did this all in about an hour, which wouldn't have
been possible without all your hard work.

--Geoff