perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: ithreads.t again
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:43:51 GMT
Steve Hay wrote:

> Attached.

It won't apply for me, but I've tweaked it manually and committed.

> The test sequence that original patch was meant to fix (modules/reload
> perl/api perl/ithreads) currently passes OK with the attached patch
> applied (i.e. the original patch reverted), as do the two more recently
> failing sequences (filter/in_error modules/reload perl/api
> perl/ithreads, and filter/out_str_lc modules/reload perl/api
> perl/ithreads), although the full test suite still fails if the
> t/ithreads.t tests are included.

same here, but randomly. If I'll have time I'll try to get that win32-like
pool perl patch working again (the one that Jan has submitted in chunks
some time ago) and see if I can reproduce the failure in a more
predictable way.

> The full test suite passes OK if the t/ithreads.t tests are skipped, though.

>>>I wonder if the real cause is anything to do with perlbug 34069 or 24254?
>>>http://rt.perl.org/rt3/index.html?q=34069
>>>http://rt.perl.org/rt3/index.html?q=24254
>>>

>>well, there are no threads involved there, so it could be something else.
>>

> It's the same error message that I've seen, though.  Maybe we've just
> been lucky in not seeing anything amiss with non-threaded stuff.  The
> bug looks like a double-free error ($_ being freed twice - once by the
> inner loop, once by the outer loop), which could well cause the sort of
> "random" behaviour that we're seeing.
>
> I'd love to get that perl bug fixed and then see if our ithreads.t
> problems go away.

Please let us know the outcome of that thread.