perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: New ModPerl-Registry/t/ithreads.t test fails on Win32
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:44:04 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>most likely the thing that I've suggested in reply to Joe. By the time it
>>>sent its print the parent has returned. Try to add sleep 2 before print
>>>'parent'. Does it fix the problem (notice that I've committed a change).
>>>

>>Yes - adding the sleep 2 before print 'parent' does indeed fix it.
>>(Your changed version still didn't work without that sleep, though.)
>>

>Yes, I know. And if you uncomment out the 3 join calls? It should work I
>believe (with the scalar leaked reports though).

If I uncomment the 4 (not 3) join calls then the test does indeed work
without the sleep.  There were not obviously any warnings about leaked
scalars, either to the console or to the error_log.  However, if I add:

close STDERR;
open STDERR, '>C:\Temp\stderr.txt';

to ithreads_io_n_tie.pl then I do get "Scalars leaked: 2" written to
stderr.txt 4 times over.

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.