perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: New ModPerl-Registry/t/ithreads.t test fails on Win32
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:20:49 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>># expected: thread 1
>># thread 2
>># thread 3
>># thread 4
>># parent
>># received: thread 1
>># thread 2
>># thread 3
>># parent
>>not ok 1
>>FAILED test 1
>>        Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
>>Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
>>t\ithreads.t                1    1 100.00%  1
>>Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/1 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
>>[warning] server localhost:8529 shutdown
>>[  error] error running tests (please examine t\logs\error_log)
>>
>>I don't understand what happened to thread 4 :(
>>

>most likely the thing that I've suggested in reply to Joe. By the time it
>sent its print the parent has returned. Try to add sleep 2 before print
>'parent'. Does it fix the problem (notice that I've committed a change).

Yes - adding the sleep 2 before print 'parent' does indeed fix it.
(Your changed version still didn't work without that sleep, though.)

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.