perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: New ModPerl-Registry/t/ithreads.t test fails on Win32
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:33:08 GMT
Steve Hay wrote:
> What is it with tests called "ithreads.t"?

it's a forbidden word :)

> # expected: thread 1
> # thread 2
> # thread 3
> # thread 4
> # parent
> # received: thread 1
> # thread 2
> # thread 3
> # parent
> not ok 1
> FAILED test 1
>         Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
> Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> t\ithreads.t                1    1 100.00%  1
> Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/1 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
> [warning] server localhost:8529 shutdown
> [  error] error running tests (please examine t\logs\error_log)
>
> I don't understand what happened to thread 4 :(

most likely the thing that I've suggested in reply to Joe. By the time it
sent its print the parent has returned. Try to add sleep 2 before print
'parent'. Does it fix the problem (notice that I've committed a change).

If so then once I figure out what those leak reports are, the join()
blocking will fix it w/o sleep.

> Also, why are there comments in
> ModPerl-Registry/t/cgi-bin/ithreads_io_n_tie.pl about $thr->join leaking
> scalars in this new test but not in the non-registry tests?  I believe
> that the non-registry tests also leak scalars.

only were randomly on linux and only on destroy.

> It is precisely warnings
> about such things that causes the non-registry ithreads.t test to fail
> for me (by virtue of the "use warnings FATAL => 'all';" line).

yeah, I had little time when I wrote this test and my objective was to
find workarounds to the perl_clone+perlio bug in perl, not deal with
perl's ithreads bugs :) but I plan to revisit that when I will finish my
other short term todo lists. 5.6.7 should be out in a month, so we may
need to shake that threads thingy again before that happens.