perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject New ModPerl-Registry/t/ithreads.t test fails on Win32
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:39:03 GMT
What is it with tests called "ithreads.t"?

Here's what I get @rev151728:

C:\Temp\mod_perl-2.0\ModPerl-Registry>perl t/TEST -verbose t/ithreads
C:\WebDB\apache\bin\Apache.EXE  -d
C:/Temp/mod_perl-2.0/ModPerl-Registry/t -f
C:/Temp/mod_perl-2.0/ModPerl-Registry/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2 -D
PERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/2.0.52 (winnt MPM)

waiting 180 seconds for server to start: ....
waiting 180 seconds for server to start: ok (waited 3 secs)
server localhost:8529 started
t\ithreads....1..1
# Running under perl version 5.008006 for MSWin32
# Current time local: Mon Feb  7 17:29:06 2005
# Current time GMT:   Mon Feb  7 17:29:06 2005
# Using Test.pm version 1.25
# Using Apache/Test.pm version 1.21
# Failed test 1 in t\ithreads.t at line 19
# expected: thread 1
# thread 2
# thread 3
# thread 4
# parent
# received: thread 1
# thread 2
# thread 3
# parent
not ok 1
FAILED test 1
        Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t\ithreads.t                1    1 100.00%  1
Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/1 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
[warning] server localhost:8529 shutdown
[  error] error running tests (please examine t\logs\error_log)

I don't understand what happened to thread 4 :(

Also, why are there comments in
ModPerl-Registry/t/cgi-bin/ithreads_io_n_tie.pl about $thr->join leaking
scalars in this new test but not in the non-registry tests?  I believe
that the non-registry tests also leak scalars.  It is precisely warnings
about such things that causes the non-registry ithreads.t test to fail
for me (by virtue of the "use warnings FATAL => 'all';" line).

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.