perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [WISHLIST] Be able to troubleshoot config file with perl -cx as before
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:10:24 GMT
please keep posts on-list for the benefit of all...

Dominique Quatravaux wrote:

> | Dominique Quatravaux wrote:
> |
> |> The next error is:
> |>
> |> Undefined subroutine &Apache::ServerUtil::restart_count called at
> |>  /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1/Apache2/Apache/compat.pm line 75.
> |

> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
> | well, does fixing that fix the problem, or are there others?
>
> Huh? No, as I said I now have an error about an undefined
> Apache::ServerUtil::restart_count method. And prepending a "use
> Apache::ServerUtil;" does not work either.

what I meant was that does changing Apache::ServerUtil::restart_count to
Apache::ServerUtil::restart_count() fix the problem, or does it then fail
someplace else?  this kind of error is simple, but it shouldn't take
iteration after iteration of patches to get it right - since you have the
environment to reproduce the issue and know the fix, apply it until the
problem either goes away or becomes something else :)  if the problem goes
away post a patch and we'll apply it asap.  if it becomes something else
we'll help that go away too :)

--Geoff