perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: What Perl configuration is required for mp2 on Win32?
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:53:59 GMT
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Steve Hay wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> >Steve Hay wrote:
> >

> >>Therefore, I want to configure my Perl with MULTIPLICITY and
> >>USE_ITHREADS, but not PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS.  That way, I can enable
> >>PERL_MALLOC.
> >>
> >>I've tried doing exactly this, but it doesn't seem to
> >>work.  Perl (5.8.6) itself built and tested without
> >>error, and mp2 (RC4) also built without error.
> >>However, the mp2 test suite won't even get off the
> >>ground.
> >>

> >I'd ask Jan or some other ActiveState folks directly or
> >via p5p (not sure if there is a special activestate perl
> >list).

ActiveState does host some win32/ActivePerl-specific mailing
lists, but, as mentioned below, probably this message has
reached those people as well.

> I believe Jan (and others at ActiveState?) read this list anyway, but
> why would they know what is required for mp2?
>
> I was kinda hoping that Randy might have been able to help :(

Unfortunately, not :( I haven't had any experience to speak
of with various compile-time options for Perl on Win32
beyond those used with ActivePerl.

--
best regards,
randy