perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] taking a step back?
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:12:34 GMT
David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> writes:

> On Jan 1, 2005, at 8:24 AM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> But they don't understand that mod_perl is 10 times more complex
>> and different from what they are used to deal with, no matter how
>> many  hundreds of CPAN modules they have released so far.
>
> That, to me, is reason enough to move it to another namespace.

I don't think we'd have too much trouble getting
comfortable with a "mod_perl" -> "mod_perl2"
rename, but the difficult question is what to do
about Apache::.  A rename may make sense for the
bare-metal libraries like Apache::Request (what
to actually call it is a different issue, because
the 2.x version is really an APR:: application).
But a rename wouldn't make sense for something like
Apache::ASP.

Waiting for King Solomon to appear isn't going to lead
us anywhere.  The community needs an actionable proposal
to kick around if you're pining for real change.

--
Joe Schaefer