perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Solution to the Apache2 issue: Option 3
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:07:03 GMT
Adam Kennedy <adam@phase-n.com> writes:

[...]

> Incidently, it appears that this is already starting to happen in
> CPAN, with a number of authors uploading Apache2 modules to specify
> they work with the mod_perl 2 API.

Hmm, can you give more details about this?  So far I only see
Apache2::SOAP (which is Randy's module, I think) when I
type "i /Apache2/ " in the CPAN shell.  The other listings
I see (MasonX, OpenFrame, etc.) have a different package prefix,
so I don't see an immediate problem with those.

I think that, no matter how the pmc resolves the namespace issue,
it will need to exercise some control over the things that CPAN
indexes under Apache2::.

Is it possible to lock the Apache2:: namespace on CPAN somehow,
or is that already the case?

--
Joe Schaefer