perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [Patch mp2] X-Powered-By
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:52:22 GMT

> My reasoning for not including it even as an optinal feature, is that it
> introduces an unnecessary overhead. even though it's just a flag check,
> if it happens for all http phases, it happens for each phase.

actually, that's a good point.  unlike php, which is content only, at what
point do we want to advertise that site foo is mod_perl "powered" if it runs
in _any_ phase?  a simple PerlTransHandler gives it "MOD_PERL POWER!!!!"
(echo, echo...)?

thinking about it like this, I'm ambivalent as to whether I want it in core
at all.  adding to the server tokens should be fine enough I'd think.

--Geoff

/me remembers a talk where he uses mod_perl to remove that "silly
X-Powered-By PHP thing"