perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: [Patch mp2] X-Powered-By
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:35:38 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 13:49 -0800, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>>Actually, I'd have to say the reason to come up with X-Powered-By is specifically
>>(well sorta) to get mod_perl advertised no matter what ServerTokens is set to.
>
> People will be upset if you make it hard to hide which modules are
> running.  I have met a number of paranoid sysadmins who would blow a
> gasket over things like this.  I suggest being conservative here.

I can understand the concerns. I am looking for a suggestion that would put us
on equal footing with what php is doing.

It seems PHP has a flag expose_php that is on by default. So I guess we could just
do the same:

ModPerlExpose On|Off

And have it default to On as well? Would that accomodate people's concerns ?