perl-dev mailing list archives

From Radoslaw Zielinski <ra...@karnet.pl>
Subject Re: [mp2] taking a step back?
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:59:24 GMT
Adam Kennedy <adam@phase-n.com> [02-01-2005 07:32]:
> Randy Kobes wrote:
>> As probably with most of you, I'm getting worried with the
>> tone of the discussion on the mp2 namespace problem, and the
[...]
> Stas, as the leader (or at least lead developer) of the project, is
[...]
> What is causing the biggest issue for me, as someone who as a rule
> _never_ gets involved in these kinds of things in public, is that he is
> willing to immediately and completely discount the opinions of everyone
> else, whether or not they are trying to have a reasonable discussion or not.

> And what is SCARING the HELL out of me is that he is not even willing to
> wait for a few days or weeks to have a proper discussion with those of
> us who _are_ reasonable most of the time.
[...]

You really should get off Stas here.  He said clearly: do your homework.
We discussed this issue (not the "whether to do it", but the "how") here
not so long ago[1] ; nobody cared to comment and we failed to get to
anything useful (short summary: either trading MP_INST_APACHE2 hack for
a big mess or abandoning Apache::compat).

Stop bitching, show the code.

[1] Subject: [apr] dropping Apache2/ subdir for APR::*, November 2004.

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek@karnet.pl>
[ GPG key: http://radek.karnet.pl/ ]