perl-dev mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Re-using tipools outside mod_perl / apache
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:44:47 GMT
On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 14:09 -0500, Jeremy Redburn wrote:
> I've been looking for advice (perlmonks, p5p, colleagues) on maintaining
> a persistent pool of Perl interpreters, and all the advice seems to come
> back to mod_perl 2.

We're very tightly tied to Apache 2 for the processing model.  If you
want something more independent, you might try looking at PPerl or
SpeedyCGI.

For a much easier route, you might want to just make HTTP requests to a
mod_perl server to run your code persistently, or implement the FastCGI
protocol and use FastCGI to manage a pool of interpreters.

- Perrin