perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [mp2] PAUSE indexer issues
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:34:56 GMT
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> No, what I am saying is something similar to Bundles or
> the Provides:  keyword of RPMS. A way to tell the CPAN
> indexer that when it's searching for Apache::Connection,
> it should trust that installing mod_perl 2.0 will result
> in that module being installed.
>
> auto-generated: META.yml keyword maybe ?

There is an index: keyword that is to list things that
are to be indexed, but:
- anything not explicitly listed is to be ignored, meaning
everything would have to be included here;
- I'm not sure PAUSE understands this, and even if so, if
it will cope with auto-generated things (although one can
specify a package/namespace for index:, not just a file or
directory).

--
best regards,
randy