perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: moving mpxs_cleanup_t and mpxs_cleanup_run to modperl_common_util
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:07:56 GMT
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> [subject change]
>
> Randy Kobes wrote:
>
> >>The only minor problem is that I had to duplicate code from APR_Pool.h:
> >>
> >>/* XXX: the mpxs_cleanup_t and mpxs_cleanup_run are almost dups with
> >>  * code in APR__Pool.h (minus interpr member which is not used
> >>  * here. They should be moved to modperl_common_util - the problem is
> >>  * modperl_interp_t *, which can't live in modperl_common_* since it
> >>  * creates a dependency on mod_perl. A possible solution is to use
> >>  * void * for that slot and cast it to modperl_interp_t * when used
> >>  */
> >>
> >>Anybody wants to tackle this?  I think the pool stuff is still dependent
> >>on mod_perl, since it has modperl_interp_t in it.
> >

> > Here's a partial stab at this, moving mpxs_cleanup_t to
> > src/modules/perl/modperl_common_types.h:
> [...]
> > I'm looking at doing the same for mpxs_cleanup_run, but
> > am having a problem at the moment with getting the
> > declaration of modperl_opt_interp_unselect in the right
> > place.
>
> Thanks Randy.
>
> Heh, I did that part too and but gave up on the
> modperl_opt_interp_unselect :)
>
> What I don't get is how does it work now if APR::Pool references
> modperl_interp type inside of it and it sort of works w/o modperl.

That occurred to me too ... APR::Pool must see the
definition modperl_interp_t (with or without the moving of
mpxs_cleanup_t to modperl_common_types.h), even though
(presumably) it doesn't need mod_perl (I suppose due to the
conditionals present that test if an "interp" exists). But
does this mean there's a (weak?) dependency still in
APR::Pool on mod_perl?

--
best regards,
randy