perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Ken Williams" <...@mathforum.org>
Subject Re: [Module::Build] Re: ModPerl::MB
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:41:13 GMT

On Dec 29, 2004, at 2:12 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> But M::B doesn't support XS yet, so that's moot.

M::B has supported XS since it was in diapers.

> so David and I were only talking about ModPerl::MB subclass of M::B
> which will do the usual thing as any another non-mp2 module does, but
> will subclass whatever method it is to install mp2 modules under
> Apache2/ if mp2-core was installed there.
>
> so yes, as of this moment David description is the _whole_ point

I'm not sure I understand - where is this Apache2/ directory?
Somewhere local during the build, or the modules' final special resting
place?

Maybe it's just a matter of adding the appropriate install_path entries
to the Module::Build constructor, which wouldn't even require a
subclass.

  -Ken