perl-dev mailing list archives

From Pratik <pratikn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mp2 bug] Perl*Env issues
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:13:47 GMT
> Another option is not to use <Perl> sections for anything but Apache
> config. do you need to have this <Perl> section that you've the problem
> with during config phase? If not move it into post_config phase and your
> problem is solved.

Actually, I need to use %ENV variables for Apache config. So, it won't
be possible for me to move it into post_config phase. Also, I can't
have all PerlPassEnv statements before the first <Perl>..</Perl>
section with some minor modifications..

> Another alternative is to drop:
>
> PerlSetEnv MyVar "Hello"
>
> and instead use:
>
> <Perl>
> $ENV{MyVar} = "Hello";
> </Perl>

The issue is there with PerlPassEnv as well.

> PerlSetEnv was originally designed to make Env setting be visible before
> the response phase (which is what SetEnv did). So I think you are simply
> misusing this feature and the doc should just say, that PerlSetEnv takes
> effect only in post_config phase and drop any semi-complete support in
> <Perl> sections (i.e. dropping modperl_env_configure_server() completely).

Any suggestions / workarounds ?

Regards,
Pratik