perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Ken Williams" <...@mathforum.org>
Subject Re: [Module::Build] Re: ModPerl::MB
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:04:49 GMT

On Dec 29, 2004, at 8:35 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Ken Williams wrote:
>> On Dec 29, 2004, at 8:22 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>> with MM we override MY::constants so things end up in Apache2/
>>> subdirs in blib/. That's about it. so if normally a file would be
>>> installed under /foo/bar it'll be now installed under
>>> /foo/bar/Apache2.
>> Um, doesn't that really break things (like, say, perl) that are
>> looking for modules in @INC and not map( "$_/Apache2", @INC)?
>
> Break what things? Any perl program that wants to find mp2 modules
> starts with 'use Apache2' or -MApache2.

That sure seems like a bad idea.  How many different contortions are
you willing to go through in order to release mod_perl2 in the same
namespaces as mod_perl, anyway?  It seems like about 89 million things
would be easier if mod_perl2 lived in the Apache2 namespace (or the
ModPerl namespace, or ...) and not the Apache namespace.

But I guess it's not what you were asking about, so I'll just answer
your original question...

You can provide a mapping from lib to blib in your Build.PL as follows:

  my $build = Module::Build->new
    (
     pm_files => {'lib/Apache/Foo.pm'             # as in MANIFEST
                  => 'lib/Apache2/Apache/Foo.pm'  # as in blib/
                  ...},
     xs_files => {'lib/Apache/Foo.xs'             # as in MANIFEST
                  => 'lib/Apache2/Apache/Foo.xs'  # as in blib/
                  ...},
     ... and so on
    );

I think that ought to do the trick.