perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] pool object dependant methods insanity
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:02:22 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> The things aren't as bad as I thought there are. Here is an update on
> this issue. The key difference to my previous post is: only objects
> that have DESTROY method may need to be dealt with.

+1, my only comment (for now) on your list is:

>    - mpxs_APR__Bucket_setaside

The semantics for apr_bucket_setaside don't require the
perl wrapper to be modified, because when someone writes

     $bucket->setaside($pool);

that means "this bucket may need to live as long as this pool
does".  If we change the semantics to "this pool needs to
live as long as this bucket does", IMO we've made a mistake.
If you agree, then I think mpxs_APR__Bucket_setaside can
be removed from the list.

--
Joe Schaefer