perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] PAUSE indexer issues
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:01:48 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

>  > Eventually that dynamic will reverse itself, and that would be the
>  > time to phase out mp1 from CPAN. But not we're not there yet, IMO [*].

[...]

> And that's exactly why workarounds shouldn't be sought after. Since
> once the trend reverts, those workarounds will bite you back. Solving
> it properly on the CPAN/PAUSE level now will provide a proper solution
> which won't break when the trend changes.

Looks reasonable.  Then how about changing mp2's META.yml
to simply not index any similarly-named mp1-modules?   This
doesn't address all of Randal's complaints (eg perldoc doesn't
know about Apache2), but that's a change which would put me
on the positive side of a final release vote.

--
Joe Schaefer