perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Apache::SizeLimit for mp2?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:55:43 GMT
> I've massaged a bit more the ported SizeLimit.pm, but I've a question
> regarding:
>
> sub setmax {
>      $MAX_PROCESS_SIZE = shift;
>      my $r = Apache->request();
>
> and similar:
>
> sub setmin {
> sub setmax_unshared {
>
> Since Apache->request() is not longer available by default, should we
> change the API to pass $r as the first argument? or may be the second?
>
> setmax($MAX_PROCESS_SIZE, $r);
> setmax($MAX_PROCESS_SIZE); # here will try to use Apache->request()

I did that, but then I took it out.  Those subs are only meant to be
called from ModPerl::Registry and friends.  In that situation, you have
Apache->request() by default in a prefork environment, don't you?  As a
result of SetHandler perl-script?

If you want to put it back in, that's fine.  The docs would need to
mention it though.

I had a separate question about the cleanup handler.  I used
$r->connection->pool->register_cleanup(), but I wonder if I should have
used $r->pool->register_cleanup() instead to make it check after every
request.  Thoughts?

- Perrin