perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Module::Build] Re: ModPerl::MB
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:08:26 GMT
Ken Williams wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2004, at 8:35 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Ken Williams wrote:

[...]
> You can provide a mapping from lib to blib in your Build.PL as follows:
>
>  my $build = Module::Build->new
>    (
>     pm_files => {'lib/Apache/Foo.pm'             # as in MANIFEST
>                  => 'lib/Apache2/Apache/Foo.pm'  # as in blib/
>                  ...},
>     xs_files => {'lib/Apache/Foo.xs'             # as in MANIFEST
>                  => 'lib/Apache2/Apache/Foo.xs'  # as in blib/
>                  ...},
>     ... and so on
>    );
>
> I think that ought to do the trick.

So there is no method to override that feeds the path like MM does? The
above requires manual search for the files, which is not something we
would like to do, on behalf of users, since it might go broken (it's not
under our control). It should be something like MM does, where M::B
already has the mapping and the override just manipulates it.