perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 bug] Perl*Env issues
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:40:29 GMT
Pratik wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:24:05 -0500, Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you ask how can you test those
>>changes? For example by writing a new <Perl> section where you test that
>>some ENV var got set or not (e.g. die if it's not).
>

> In the previous patch that I posted, I am copying values of
> %ENV:getenv() to server tables after end of every <Perl>..</Perl>,
> PerlRequire & PerlModule, if the key is present in the server tables.
> I want to identify all the keys of %ENV whose value got changed during
> <Perl>..</Perl>, PerlRequire & PerlModule. So that only changed
> key-value can be updated in server tables.
>

>>where do you call it? Can you post the whole patch so I can try?
>

> This is the patch. I did "make install" ignoring the output of "make
> test" to debug the issue. And it is failing at "HV *hv = ENVHV" of
> modperl_env_hv_populate().
>
> The idea behind this patch is to make entry into %ENV() on the
> occurrence of PerlPassEnv and PerlSetEnv, at the same time making an
> entry into server table.

This patch doesn't apply. Mind to send one against svn or the latest snapshot?
http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution

Also it lacks tests. In order to consider its application we need to have
tests. Normally the process of fixing the problem goes like this: you
write the tests first, make sure that they fail, then you go about fixing
those.

Thanks.