perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] PAUSE indexer issues
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:59:18 GMT
[cross-posting to p5p so I don't have to repeat it again on p5p]

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Stas> The current state of things is as follows: we release things as they
> Stas> are, and it's up to users to request/demand to have PAUSE and CPAN
> Stas> clients fixed.
>
> "I won't make my package compatible with the world, even though I can.
> Therefore, the world must change."

May be if you've actually tried to understand the problem, rather than
derive your conclusions from a surfacial brush, you won't have been
wasting the bandwidth and our time, instead you would have directed your
seemingly copious tuits to solve the problem, rather than bragging about it.

> If you want people to adopt mp2, this won't fly.

I promise you Randal, people will adopt mp2, not because Randal gave them
a green light to do so, but because it's a superior technology to mp1.

All you are going to achieve by continuing what you are doing[1] is that
more people are going to ignore you. And it's a pity, since I used to
think that you were a very helpful person to the perl world, when I was
just starting myself. Unfortunately this is no longer true. I wish this
wasn't the case.

So keep trying.

[1] In case you didn't notice. That's how Randal helps to encourage people
to test mod_perl2 release candidates to find crucial problems before a
release is made:
http://apache.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=133957&cid=11186211
I've no more words for this "person".