perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 bug] Perl*Env issues
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:52:54 GMT
Pratik wrote:
> I have written a small patch to solve this problem. Please have a look
> at it. If it looks good, I will write tests and submit the patch.
>
> The scheme is :
>
> 1. Populate %ENV before all <Perl>..</Perl>, PerlRequire and PerlModule.
> 2. After every <Perl>..</Perl>, PerlRequire and PerlModule, sync
> server tables ( scfg->SetEnv & scfg->PassEnv ) with %ENV.

Very nice work, Pratik. The only problem is that it syncs SetEnv|PassEvn
<=> %ENV completely twice for each <Perl>..</Perl>, PerlRequire and
PerlModule, which is not very effective. It would be nice to keep track of
just what keys have changed.

Regardless, we need to have the tests, since it looks that what you need
is the right thing.

Of course it'd be nice to have a more efficient solution.

also I think you shouldn't use modperl_env_configure_server() since it
does more than that (and that extra thing doesn't need to happen so many
times since it doesn't change). Instead I think there should be:

   modperl_env_sync_env2tables
   modperl_env_sync_tables2env

or something like that.