perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] static issues with 5.6.1
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:10:03 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Philippe,
>>
>> if you have a chance, please take a look at this static build:
>

> So far, I've at least been able to reproduce this problem and got a good
> core & bt from it.

That's a good news!

> Still trying to figure out the cause of it though.

Looks like it's triggered by:
> #46 0x0807241c in modperl_require_module (pv=0x80d19d5 "DynaLoader",
> logfailure=0) at modperl_util.c:29

may be any other module will do. Is it possible that the compile options
were different, and that's why Dynaloader blows up?

>> that's non-threaded 5.6.1, it doesn't start (it does the first pass,
>> but silently exits on the second pass (aka restart)).
>

> Yeah, just core dumps on the second pass.

No core on my side. I'd love to get the server make some noise and not
silently exit. We are again in the trouble with stderr being closed :(