perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Patch mp2] PerlConfigRequire && PerlPostConfigRequire
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:19:52 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a new version of my original patch that includes tests (no
>>> doc though)

so when committing please add a least a very basic doc in config.pod so we
can point users to it, and I'll extend those later.

>>> +    merge_item(PerlPostConfigRequire);
>>

>> I was wondering if it makes sense to merge this one.
>

> It's necessary, for the same reason PerlRequire or PerlModule
> has to be merged. Otherwise, the vhost config for PerlPostConfigRequire
> will get lost in the merge. (You'll notice my original patch wasn't merging
> and wasn't working as a side effect)

Yes, of course. For some reason I thought that it'll then run
PerlPostConfigRequire in a vhost, even though it was defined on the top leve.

>> Philippe, mind you not add lines like: /^    $/, I have to cleanup
>> those after every of your commits :( Any chance your editor can be
>> configured not to add those space padding?
>

> Yes, sorry 'bout that. I've figured out how to avoid this hapenning with
> my favorite (unnamed) editor ;-).

gozer++

> BTW, I noticed that there are a lot of these kind of /^    $/ in
> src/modules/perl/*.c

guess why :)

> as of today. If you want, I'll go thru them and make a whitespace
> cleanup patch later
> on today.

if you really want to, sure. Otherwise I'm fine with cleaning those up
when seeing them