perl-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [mp2] t/modperl/util hangs on Linux
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:38:14 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
>> Déjà-vu:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-perl.devel/4427
>
> But I want to know why does this happen on your build and I can't
> reproduce it here. That what bugs me. In case you have some time to look
> at it,

Well, I haven't written any C/C++ in a while and I've never had to deal with
macro hell, but as far as I can see, newSVpvf is defined in Perl's embed.h:

#define newSVpvf		Perl_newSVpvf

If I add that line to the top of ModPerl__Util.h manually, it works. If I add

#ifndef newSVpvf
#error newSVpvf not defined
#endif

to the end of embed.h and compile, it seems that newSVpvf doesn't get
defined. But I have no idea how to trace through that horrible, generated
#ifdef jungle. To quote embed.h:

/* (Doing namespace management portably in C is really gross.) */

/* By defining PERL_NO_SHORT_NAMES (not done by default) the short forms
  * (like warn instead of Perl_warn) for the API are not defined.
  * Not defining the short forms is a good thing for cleaner embedding. */