perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: t/perl/ithreads.t revisited
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:07:44 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>[...]
>>>>

>>>BTW, do we still need this hack? I thought it was supposed to be fixed in
>>>2.0.50, no? (talking about the need to run as many threads as vhosts)
>>>

>>You're correct in that it is fixed in 2.0.50 (I just tried the test
>>suite with ThreadsPerChild set at 2 and it worked OK still), but it was
>>agreed at the time to leave the higher value in place for backwards
>>compatibility.  See:
>>
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=108505772101330&w=2
>>

>Right, but A-T knows the apache version, so it could do the appropriate
>decision when writing that file. I'm sure you'd appreciate to not see so
>many useless logs in error_log and also it'll be faster, since many less
>threads will be started, no?
>
>Is it possible that you could write that patch? That would be:
>Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm
>
>In fact I think it'd be cool to fix TestConfig.pm not to write irrelevant
>config sections (e.g. prefork for win32, and vice versa).
>

>>Having said that, that mail suggested adding a  BACK_COMPAT_MARKER
>>comment, which I don't see.
>>

>Assuming that you work on that patch, you could definitely add it in the
>right place.

I'm only around today, Thurs & Fri, then I'm off till January.  It's
unlikely I'll be able to look in these next three days, but I may get a
chance over the holiday...

I'd certainly like to have fewer threads started and less clutter in the
conf file, so it is worth doing.

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our customers, suppliers and colleagues
seasons greetings.  We will not be sending corporate greetings cards this year.  Instead,
we will be making a donation to charity.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.