perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: wiki?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 04:12:47 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> I was just wondering - with mp2 on the horizon, are there
> any thoughts to creating a wiki for perl.apache.org? It
> might make it easier for people to contribute hints, code
> tidbits, etc., that could help others in the migration.
> Mason uses it on www.masonhq.com, and it seems to be pretty
> successful ...
>
> The reason I ask now - with things winding down for the
> Christmas, I'd have some free time to help work on this.

I've repeated several times my opinion about creating yet another
documentation project fork. There is no barrier to contribute to the
current docs, and hardly anybody bothers. I can't see why suddenly people
will start contributing if you get a Wiki interface, but what do I know.

But I'm certainly not going to stand on the way for anybody who wants to
make things better in a different way. So please go ahead and add whatever
you think will work. However it doesn't fit into the docs project. So it
should be living elsewhere. (I mean the actual data can't fit into the
modperl-docs svn, so it needs to be an independent thing, simply somehow
linked from perl.apache.org/ (e.g. some subdir).

And again, I'd like to suggest that if someone has time on their hands we
have tons of docs work todo. Besides writing new mp2-specific docs, there
are tons of mp1 docs that need to be ported to mp2 docs. So please
consider helping out on that front. Thanks.