perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: t/perl/ithreads.t revisited
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:51:42 GMT
Steve Hay wrote:

>Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Steve Hay wrote:

>>>Hmm.  Where would that get set?
>>>

>>It's not. Unless you pass this option or you run coverage testing. on
>>worker mpm, we have two processes.
>>

>>>Both the full test suite and the bug reporting skeleton definitely only
>>>have one Apache.exe running in my Task Manager.  However, I notice if I
>>>watch it carefully that a second Apache.exe appears very briefly and
>>>then disappears again.
>>>

>>a bug in Apache may be? May be check the winnt mpm source?
>>

>No, it's something in the mp2 test setup.  If I just start my installed
>Apache2/mp2 setup then I get two Apache.exe's as expected.  I'll try to
>see what the difference is.

Got it.  We made an exception for Win32 to always run in one-process
mode because otherwise we couldn't relaibly stop both the parent and
child processes.  See the call to Win32::Process::Create() in
Apache::TestServer::start().

It does have the undesirable side-effect that we have seen in this
thread, though, namely that if one test causes the single Apache.exe
process to exit for whatever reason then all subsequent tests will fail
since they now have no server to connect to :(

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our customers, suppliers and colleagues
seasons greetings.  We will not be sending corporate greetings cards this year.  Instead,
we will be making a donation to charity.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.