perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: t/perl/ithreads.t revisited
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:11:47 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>OK, that's better :) But doesn't Apache start a new process then?
>>>

>>No -- we're only running one process (-D ONE_PROCESS) -- see
>>Apache/TestServer.pm ;)
>>

>You mean when debugging? Because normally we don't start one process.
>
>It's only the case if $self->{run}->{opts}->{'one-process'} is true.

Hmm.  Where would that get set?

Both the full test suite and the bug reporting skeleton definitely only
have one Apache.exe running in my Task Manager.  However, I notice if I
watch it carefully that a second Apache.exe appears very briefly and
then disappears again.

The error_log only contains:

[Tue Dec 14 15:06:47 2004] [notice] Child 3844: Child process is running
[Tue Dec 14 15:06:47 2004] [notice] Child 3844: Acquired the start mutex.
[Tue Dec 14 15:06:47 2004] [notice] Child 3844: Starting 50 worker threads.
[Tue Dec 14 15:06:47 2004] [debug] child.c(684): Child 3844: Worker
thread 0 starting.

(and another 49 message like the last one, since ThreadsPerChild is 50)

Radan Computational Ltd.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our customers, suppliers and colleagues
seasons greetings.  We will not be sending corporate greetings cards this year.  Instead,
we will be making a donation to charity.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.