perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: t/perl/ithreads.t revisited
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:05:32 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>Any difference if you call CORE::exit() here?
>>>

>>Oh yes!  That kills the server itself!  i.e. api.t now crashes the
>>server in the course of executing its test plan, and ithreads doesn't
>>even have a server to play with :(
>>

>Crashes? CORE::exit() works fine here (happened to work fine?). I guess it
>should be a problem since it'll kill any other running threads.

Maybe "crash" was too strong a word.  What I meant was that the
Apache.exe process exits, so now ithreads.t fails since there is no
server running for it to connect to.

As I understood it, this is exactly what overriding exit() was intended
to prevent.

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our customers, suppliers and colleagues
seasons greetings.  We will not be sending corporate greetings cards this year.  Instead,
we will be making a donation to charity.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.