perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: t/perl/ithreads.t revisited
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:57:28 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>So the offending SV is an error  message itself, caused by the exit in
>>these lines in Apache/Test.pm:
>>
>>        # trying to emulate a dual variable (ala errno)
>>        unless ($meets_condition) {
>>            my $reason = join ', ',
>>              @SkipReasons ? @SkipReasons : "no reason given";
>>            print "1..0 # skipped: $reason\n";
>>            @SkipReasons = (); # reset
>>            exit; #XXX: Apache->exit
>>        }
>>
>>In the test sequence "reload.t, api.t, itherads.t", the above "exit"
>>section is only reached by the api.t tests, because they skip on Win32.
>>So what happens for you if you artifically make the api.t tests skip on
>>your platform too?  Can you reproduce the failure then?
>>

>you mean re-enable t/perl/ithreads.t, skip api.t and run:
>
>% t/TEST t/modules/reload.t t/perl/api.t t/perl/ithreads.t
>
>just did that, and see no problem.

Yes.  But how did you skip api.t?  I meant edit
t/response/TestPerl/api.pm so that some condition is not met in the test
plan so that the chunk of code above gets run.  The test plan is
expressed as:

    plan $r, tests => 2,
        need { "getppid() is not implemented on Win32"
                   => !Apache::Build::WIN32(),
               "getppid() is having problems with perl 5.6"
                   => !($] < 5.008),
               };

so change this to make it skip for you.  (As opposed to just creating a
t/SKIP file, which wouldn't involve the "exit" code above.)

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our customers, suppliers and colleagues
seasons greetings.  We will not be sending corporate greetings cards this year.  Instead,
we will be making a donation to charity.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.