perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: moving mpxs_cleanup_t and mpxs_cleanup_run to modperl_common_util
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:07:57 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:

>>Heh, I did that part too and but gave up on the
>>modperl_opt_interp_unselect :)

I forgot to mention that I've stopped there, because I won't have been
able to see any problems, since on linux the linker doesn't complain about
missing but unused symbols.

>>What I don't get is how does it work now if APR::Pool references
>>modperl_interp type inside of it and it sort of works w/o modperl.
>

> That occurred to me too ... APR::Pool must see the
> definition modperl_interp_t (with or without the moving of
> mpxs_cleanup_t to modperl_common_types.h), even though
> (presumably) it doesn't need mod_perl (I suppose due to the
> conditionals present that test if an "interp" exists).

But the struct itself doesn't have any conditional. that's what confuses
me - your linker doesn't complain about that.

> But
> does this mean there's a (weak?) dependency still in
> APR::Pool on mod_perl?

I'm not sure what does it mean it the compiler/linker terms, but there is
certainly a weak dependancy :)