perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: version syntax for mp2
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:04:29 GMT
[CC'ing John <the version guru> Peacock]

John, I think we need your help here, see the story below. But in short we
want to start using triplet versioning for modperl 2.0.x and we don't want
to require version.pm, since so far we don't have any external
dependencies. Can we do that? mp2 requires 5.6.1+.

Thanks.

> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> [...]
>
>>> Now versioning. First of all mp2 is going to be 2.0.x, since it looks
>>> like Apache 2.2 might be different enough that modperl-2.2.x will
>>> appear.
[...]