perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r111461 - /perl/modperl/trunk/t/conf/modperl_extra.pl /perl/modperl/trunk/t/conf/post_config_startup.pl
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:22:29 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> stas@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: stas
>> Date: Thu Dec  9 19:09:28 2004
>> New Revision: 111461

>> Log:
>> move the code that doesn't have to be run at startup phase to the
>> post_config phase (have those in a separate file
>> post_config_startup.pl which is require()'d by a registered
>> post_config callback
>

> I see more bizarre problems with trying to load things from post_config,
> e.g.
>
>     Apache::Status->menu_item(rlimit => "Resource Limits",
>             \&status_rlimit)
>           if Apache::Module::loaded("Apache::Status");
>
> is called, when Apache::Resource is loaded, but it never shows up in the
> Apache::Status menu. So the resource test fails.

The mystery for the problems (caused by the move of parts from startup.pl
to post_config_startup.pl) was rather simple. We were cloning working perl
pools in the post_config phase, but user post_config handlers were running
*after* the modperl's internal callback, that's why the changes weren't
seen by the workers. Moving that post_config phase to APR_HOOK_REALLY_LAST
(from _FIRST) solved the problem right away. I'll commit the fix after
some testing...