perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: New Win32::API prerequisite
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:33:13 GMT
Steve Hay wrote:
> The introduction of the new post_config_startup.pl script, which uses
> Apache::SizeLimit, broke things on Win32 for me.

Well, not exactly. I've committed that 'use Apache::SizeLimit' before
introducing the new post_config_startup.pl.

> I couldn't even start the server up.  The error log contained the output
> of this die() from Apache::SizeLimit's BEGIN block:
>
>             die "you must install Win32::API for Apache::SizeLimit " .
>                 "to work on your platform.";
>
> since I didn't have Win32::API installed!
>
> Why doesn't Makefile.pL check for such prerequisites?

In fact as Perrin mentioned somewhere before Win32's support in
Apache::SizeLimit, since it's only threads now. So how about we just nuke
it completely? Alternatively we can condition it's loading if Win32::API
is available. It's your call, Steve.