perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] both_str_req_proxy.t - proxy/t failure progress
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:46:32 GMT
Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Ok, I've started looking into these. At least in my case this was the
> root error of both of these failures:
>
> [Tue Dec 07 19:14:34 2004] [debug] mod_proxy.c(416): Trying to run
> scheme_handler
>
> [Tue Dec 07 19:14:34 2004] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
> for the URL /TestFilter__both_str_req_proxy/foo. If you are using a DSO
> version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy submodules are included in the
> configuration using LoadModule.
>
> I only had the base proxy module loaded:
>
>     LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
>     #LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
>     #LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
>     #LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
>
> when what is needed is
>
>     LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
>     #LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
>     LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
>     #LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
>
> Changing my httpd.conf fixes the failing test. Now, I assumed if was
> just a matter of changing
>
> plan tests => 1, need need_module('proxy'),
>     need_access;

> plan tests => 1, need need_module(['proxy', 'proxy_http']),
>     need_access;
>

> However, no encantation of proxy_http, mod_proxy_http.c seems to work.
> The all fail to recognize that mod_proxy_http.so is loaded.
> A::T::need_module looks fine, but maybe I'm missing something.
>
> Any ideas?

add:

error $cfg->{modules}

to dump what's inside in need_module() sub in Apache/Test.pm?

It creates the list during t/TEST -conf. So you must not change
t/conf/httpd.conf, but your global httpd.conf from which it copies those
values. run t/TEST -conf -trace=debug to see what it does.

FWIW, I've all those modules linked in statically and I also have this
problem, though very randomly. I still didn't figure out how to reproduce
it deterministically.